Friday, February 26, 2010

Topic 4 - 21st Century Learners

After listening to Kevin Honeycutt's presentation, I went to his website to look at the projects he mentioned in it.  I was interested in looking and getting ideas of what activities or projects I could do in Spanish class.  I found his site very hard to navigate and couldn't find anything.  I then went to the notes on Wes Fryer's page, but wasn't able to find any notes, just an introduction to the podcast and the podcast itself.  I was hoping that reading about the plane project I could wrap my mind around it more.  Kevin talked very quickly about the project (maybe 5 min. out of the hour) and didn't get into any specifics that helped me envision the steps and how the whole thing played out.  So, with that said, here is the best I could come up with...

I have friends who teach English in Spain which I've talked about in Part 1 of the course w/blogging.  I'm thinking about this more in depth and am thinking in preparation for the blogging or Skypeing, the class could work together or in small groups, to brainstorm conversation ideas and problem solve (w/the grammar).  Then the kids can do the blogging/skypeing as a group vs. individually.  They probably would be more comfortable doing it w/their friends and would have more to say.  This could also work w/other Spanish classes in Hilton, NYS or in the country.


I am looking forward to hearing what everyone else has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment