Out of the four video resources we were given to review, I prefer Teacher Tube. When I did a search for Spanish a ton of resources came up. Teacher Tube not only has videos, but photos, audio files and documents as well. I felt it was very easy to nagivate and find what I needed.
My least favorite was Clip Blast. It was very difficult to navigate. I couldn't find anything under a Spanish search. I tried to get a username just in case that would help me find videos, but when I signed up the page would say done and then I'd click again and it would tell me to choose a different username. I did four different usernames before I gave up.
It was nice that Next Vista didn't have advertisements interfering with my viewing (the only downfall to Teacher Tube). It did not have much to use for Spanish class. There are two videos (under the Global Views page) from a school in La Serena, Chile that I will look into using with my students and another from Venezuela. I think it's a neat idea to have videos from other teens around the world. I think the students will be very interested and invested in viewing them. Under the Seeing Service page there was a video on Eliminating Poverty, which I feel is an important message. This is a reality that students here in Hilton, NY don't know exists. Under the technology there are two videos to help me and students with blogging and podcasting. I'll look into using those as well with the students when I do a podcast in December.
I think that You Tube is just too risky to use in the educational setting. You have to wade through a lot of junk to get something good and valuable to use. Anyone can post to it and it may not be factual.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment